Ever wonder what makes PRIME, well... the PRIME choice? Take a moment to read more about who we are and what we do. Believe us when we say that we aren't like any other gym out there!
Strength Training – we work in small groups (4 max) of women with a personal trainer in each session. This ensures that you have a safe and effective workout. There are many benefits to strength training, and these include:
- Increased Strength (of course!)
- Development of lean, toned muscles
- Increased sensitivity to insulin – this helps us to use those carbohydrates we love, better!
- Increased muscular endurance and stamina – this translates outside the gym by being able to do more things that you love like playing with children or grandchildren or beating your friends on the tennis courts.
- Improved balance and joint stability
- Increased bone density – this only happens when you apply pressure to the bone and the best way to do that is with strength training.
Cardiovascular Training – most people start by walking or jogging a few times a week and that is a fantastic way to get started. After a while, you’ll need to get a little more outside of your comfort zone to see continued benefit.
- High Intensity Interval Training or HIIT has been shown to be 4 to 10x more effective than low intensity steady state training for both improvement in fitness levels and fat loss.
- Programmed variety – this ensures that you are able to not only go faster, but also go longer. If you do the same speed over and over, you’ll get really good at going that speed. Change up the pace, keep your body guessing and it will reward you.
Nutrition – Whether you’re trying to lose weight, increase energy or live longer, nutrition is the foundation for all that we do in life. The problem is that there is no “one size fits all” solution. Otherwise we wouldn’t have 10’s of thousands of diet books in print. We focus on what will work for you to achieve your goal AND what will help you to maintain that goal. There are many approaches, some to name a few:
- Macro Counting – this works very well for the data geek and you can really fine tune your nutrition once you have the hang of it
- Intermittent Fasting – This comes in many, many forms but is essentially a way of cutting back on calories and allowing your body to use stored fat as fuel during your fasting hours. There are other health benefits with fasting, however the principles should not be taken to the extreme.
- Paleo – Super popular a few years ago and while it still has a great following, it has died off a bit. Paleo has its nuances though. Many people will go nuts on nuts or bacon or any other paleo approved food and wonder why they aren’t seeing results. We still need to stay within a balance of what our body can burn in a day.
- The “Food Rules” approach coined by Michael Pollen. “Eat Real Food, Not too much, mostly plants”. This is really the simplest approach and will work for most people up to about 80% of their goals, then they’ll need to tweak them a bit.
And there are so many more approaches as well as mixing and matching the approaches. We help women find what will work best for them so that they can incorporate it into their lives with their families.
Accountability – the best in the world have coaches or advisors. Athletes, businessmen and women, leaders of countries. We believe that accountability leads to success and that very few people who achieved all that they wanted did it alone. Having the accountability from our trainers and studio managers is just the first step. We help to develop a great community of women, each with their own “why” for working with us and that community creates a positive environment for facilitating change.
Mindset – This could almost be the first on the list. As mentioned in the Accountability piece, your why is specific to you and is what is going to get your through to your goal when things get tough, and they will get tough. We’re there with you every step of the way so that you can identify your unique “WHY” and help you with strategies to overcome any obstacles that will come up. We work to set short term goals that lead to lasting results and focus on behavior change as the catalyst.