Prep 15min, cook 32min, servings 8
- 1 pound breakfast sausage ( or ground turk/bison/beef/chicken)
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- olive oil , as needed
- 6 green onions , sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes , seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach , thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 10 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage. Add olive oil if necessary.
- Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add remaining vegetables, herbs, and salt and cook about 2 minutes or until slightly softened and well combined. Pour mixture into a 9x13" pan.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk well. Pour over sausage-vegetable mixture and bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife, inserted in the center, comes out clean.