- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons melted ghee or fat of choice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 bacon slices, diced (choose sugar-free bacon if on a Whole30)
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Trim the ends and any old outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts. (Don’t throw away the leaves – toss ‘em in a container and keep ’em in the fridge so you can make some Brussels Sprouts Chips later!)
- Cut the sprouts in half and toss them with melted fat of choice, salt, and pepper.
- Dump them on a foil- or parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, making sure to keep everything in one layer.
- Sprinkle the diced bacon over everything and pop the tray in the oven.
- The sprouts take about 30 to 35 minutes to roast, so set your timer for 10 minute intervals to regularly rotate and flip the sprouts ‘n swine.
- Check for seasoning and drizzle some of the aged balsamic vinegar on the finished dish.