- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, rinsed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- toasted pinenuts for serving, if desired
- parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Add brussels sprouts and olive oil to a slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours or until tender.
- While the brussels sprouts are cooking make the balsamic reduction. (I make it about 30 minutes before the brussels sprouts are done)
- When the brussels sprouts are ready drizzle with the balsamic reduction and serve immediately with pine nuts and parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half. Keep warm until ready to use.
Thank you chefsavvy.com!